Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, MO. She helped Malcolm X form the Organization of African American Unity in 1964. After he was assassinated Maya served as Northern Coordinator for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference for Martin Luther King, Jr. She is famous for her autobiography "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" (1970). The book is about the early years of her life. She wrote "Georgia, Georgia" in 1971 and became the first African American to write an original screenplay.
Why is maya angelou important
Thursday, February 23 2012Source: http://mayaangelou.com/bio/
Top 10 questions History
- What vision did the Soviet Union and the United States each have for postwar Europe?
- In early irish days the clergy condemned what type of music reducing the players to become beggars?
- Why might an autoworker employed by an American manufacturer today favor a protective tatiff? Why might American consumers oppose such a tariff? -Moss14,32(:
- What year did cars start coming with titles?
- How was the policy of paternalism like social Darwinism?
- True or false The United States gained influence and control in panama by convincing the Panamanians to declare their independence for Mexico
- Compare socialism and the labor movement as two different responses to the growing gulf between the rich and the poor. How did their goals differ?
- Describe the movement of the opposing lines of the western front between 1914 and 1917
- Which two great civilizations developed in the middle east and which three major religons were born is the region Cool cat
- Y did the chickasaws cede their land north of the tennessee river?