Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, MO. She helped Malcolm X form the Organization of African American Unity in 1964. After he was assassinated Maya served as Northern Coordinator for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference for Martin Luther King, Jr. She is famous for her autobiography "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" (1970). The book is about the early years of her life. She wrote "Georgia, Georgia" in 1971 and became the first African American to write an original screenplay.
Why is maya angelou important
Thursday, February 23 2012
Top 10 questions History
- What is sae's meaning of phi alpha
- Was there ever a texas ranger named hayes cooper?
- How many people died in the sinking of the cruise ship Oceanos
- How was the Incan emperor similar to the pharaohs of ancient Egypt?
- What actions led western nations to believe that the Soviets wanted to dominate Europe?
- How did Hitlers strategy of the Luftwaffe's bombing raids in London hurt, rather than helped, Germany's efforts?
- How do you thinl the Mexican-American war affected the relationship between Mexico and the United States?
- What does benevolent quarantine mean?
- What country suffered the most physical damage in ww1
- What $TD did al capone die of?