Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, MO. She helped Malcolm X form the Organization of African American Unity in 1964. After he was assassinated Maya served as Northern Coordinator for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference for Martin Luther King, Jr. She is famous for her autobiography "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" (1970). The book is about the early years of her life. She wrote "Georgia, Georgia" in 1971 and became the first African American to write an original screenplay.
Why is maya angelou important
Thursday, February 23 2012
Top 10 questions History
- In the mid-1960s, the civil rights movement began to splinter into separate fractions. Why did the movement splinter?
- how did imperialism set the stage for world war 1 and world war 2 ?
- Which of the following typically have the highest degree of craft specialization? A) pastoralists B) foragers C) agriculturalists D) horticulturalist
- What came first kfc or mcdonnalds
- Whose flag came first mexico or italy?
- How many years more before Chernobyl becomes habitable again?
- Describe the methods used by a totalitarian state to control it's people?
- DEscribe how the end of reconstruction led to the loss of black rights and the imposition of the jim crow system of segregation in the south.
- What challenges did the paratroops face in the Normandy invasion?
- Incan civilization was located along the western coast of