Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, MO. She helped Malcolm X form the Organization of African American Unity in 1964. After he was assassinated Maya served as Northern Coordinator for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference for Martin Luther King, Jr. She is famous for her autobiography "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" (1970). The book is about the early years of her life. She wrote "Georgia, Georgia" in 1971 and became the first African American to write an original screenplay.
Why is maya angelou important
Thursday, February 23 2012Source: http://mayaangelou.com/bio/
Top 10 questions History
- when did Marcus Garvey's sense of racial pride and hope for the future reemerge?
- Is jamaica a territory or owned in anyway by the united states
- 3 words describing Thomas Jefferson
- Is condorcet optimistic or pessimistic about the human race?
- How did the nationalist movement parallel cultural developments in India?
- Why did labor union membership in the united states begin to decline in the late 1890s?
- What contributed to the economic and social problems of the 16th century?
- What is different about the works of herodotus and thucydides?
- What new types of city government emerged during the progressive era?
- in terms of location, why was the American economy able to function at a high level while the european economies struggled from 1939-1945? <3My DaddyDlux;