Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, MO. She helped Malcolm X form the Organization of African American Unity in 1964. After he was assassinated Maya served as Northern Coordinator for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference for Martin Luther King, Jr. She is famous for her autobiography "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" (1970). The book is about the early years of her life. She wrote "Georgia, Georgia" in 1971 and became the first African American to write an original screenplay.
Why is maya angelou important
Thursday, February 23 2012
Top 10 questions History
- Why can't people be buried below ground in New Orleans, Louisiana?
- What is apartheid?
- What nearly bankrupted the London Company in the 1620's?
- How did the steeple chase get its name?
- How far apart are winter Olympics? And same question for summer?
- When did plymouth go out of business
- What was Noah's (of Noah's Ark) occupation before the great flood?
- What was the first year the paralympics were held?
- How many times has the White House been rebuilt?
- When was the white house built??