Which of the following? (a)Protists (b) Plants (c) Bacteria or (d) Fungi? The answers is (c) bacteria - the simplest, smallest, and most abundant organisms on Earth. Bacteria are procaryotic organisms; which indicates a cellular structure lacking an organized nucleus and nuclear membrane. Instead of containing genetic information stored on several chromosomes, bacteria contain a single strand of DNA & reproduce by binary fission.
Which of the following is the most abundant group of organisms on earth? a.Protists b.Plants c.Bacteria d.Fungi
kgb answers » Science & Technology » Which of the following is the most abundant group of organisms on earth? a.Protists b.Plants c.Bacteria d.Fungi
Thursday, February 16 2012Source: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/deq/wb-npdes-Bacteria_247230_7.pdf
Top 10 questions Science & Technology
- Why are the different disinfectants not equally effective against all species of bacteria?
- Who is the mathematician who made the first scientific attempt to compute the value of pie
- Why would a passing race car display more doppler effect than a passing siren?
- If the absolute temperature of a given quantity of gas is doubled and the pressure tripled, what happens to the volume of gas?
- What does it mean to say that an organism is homozygous for a trait? And heterozygous for a trait? <Fist Pump>
- How can the fossil record be misinterpreted ?
- Explain how heredity may have arisen.
- If you want to create crispeier lettuce for your salad should you soak your lettuce leaves in a hypotonic, hypertonic, or isotonic solution? Why?
- What kinds of organism can an ecosystem suoport after aprimary disturbance
- Describe the chromosome of bacteria and tell its location