Which of the following? (a)Protists (b) Plants (c) Bacteria or (d) Fungi? The answers is (c) bacteria - the simplest, smallest, and most abundant organisms on Earth. Bacteria are procaryotic organisms; which indicates a cellular structure lacking an organized nucleus and nuclear membrane. Instead of containing genetic information stored on several chromosomes, bacteria contain a single strand of DNA & reproduce by binary fission.
Which of the following is the most abundant group of organisms on earth? a.Protists b.Plants c.Bacteria d.Fungi
kgb answers » Science & Technology » Which of the following is the most abundant group of organisms on earth? a.Protists b.Plants c.Bacteria d.Fungi
Thursday, February 16 2012Source: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/deq/wb-npdes-Bacteria_247230_7.pdf
Top 10 questions Science & Technology
- Describe the chromosome of bacteria and tell its location
- Why has water been included as one of the test materials for reducing sugars and starch
- What is the first major organ to receive nutrients that are absorbed into the lymph?
- Is there a lunar eclipse tonight?
- What occurs at each of the three principle checkpoints in the cell cycle?
- Describe two ways to reduce wind erosion of valuable farmland.
- Lead and mercury are two pollutants in the environment. From information about them in the periodic table, determine why they are called heavy metals.
- What did ultraviolet images returned by pioneer Venus show about the planets high level clouds
- why is an underground lake an aquifer
- what about the doomsday clock?