Which of the following? (a)Protists (b) Plants (c) Bacteria or (d) Fungi? The answers is (c) bacteria - the simplest, smallest, and most abundant organisms on Earth. Bacteria are procaryotic organisms; which indicates a cellular structure lacking an organized nucleus and nuclear membrane. Instead of containing genetic information stored on several chromosomes, bacteria contain a single strand of DNA & reproduce by binary fission.
Which of the following is the most abundant group of organisms on earth? a.Protists b.Plants c.Bacteria d.Fungi
Thursday, February 16 2012
Top 10 questions Science & Technology
- what small household item would represent a ribosome
- How does chemiosmosis generate ATP in light reactions?
- How can you use a balance scale and a metric ruler to find the density of a rectangular solid?
- Describe the process by which a deposit if rock salt or halite could form from a solution?
- Why do leaves leave imprints on concrete after it rains?
- Why must particles be extremely small to demonstrate Brownian motion?
- Why do reindeer eat moss?
- are the fish that live in 2 km deep in the ocean more likely to be herbivores or carnivores and why
- Do beagles really love blueberries?
- How would you determine the volume of an irregular object that dissolves in water?