Which of the following? (a)Protists (b) Plants (c) Bacteria or (d) Fungi? The answers is (c) bacteria - the simplest, smallest, and most abundant organisms on Earth. Bacteria are procaryotic organisms; which indicates a cellular structure lacking an organized nucleus and nuclear membrane. Instead of containing genetic information stored on several chromosomes, bacteria contain a single strand of DNA & reproduce by binary fission.
Which of the following is the most abundant group of organisms on earth? a.Protists b.Plants c.Bacteria d.Fungi
kgb answers » Science & Technology » Which of the following is the most abundant group of organisms on earth? a.Protists b.Plants c.Bacteria d.Fungi
Thursday, February 16 2012
Top 10 questions Science & Technology
- What is added to agar that allows microorganisms to grow?
- Animal cells may store excess energy as molecules of what?
- What are the three key attitudes of scientific inquiry?
- What does a peroxisome look like?
- Why do Steroids and other fatty substances pass readily through most cellular membranes?
- Describe how human activities can affect the rate of weathering?
- How much does the average rain drop weigh?
- Are ribosomes known as "the powerhouse of the cell "
- Where is the fulcrum lever on triple beam balance
- Can you add guests in Microsoft Office 365?