In order to add fractions, the denominators (the bottom numbers) must be the same. We can convert the first fraction of 3/5 to 15/25 by multiplying both the numerator (the top number) and the denominator by 5. Then we have 15/25 + 21/25. To add these fractions, we simply add the numerators together and keep the denominator, which results in 36/25. This reduces to 1 11/25, or 1/44.
Which equivalent fraction would you have to use in order to add 3/5 to 21\\25
kgb answers » Science & Technology » Math, Chemistry, Physics » Which equivalent fraction would you have to use in order to add 3/5 to 21\\25
Wednesday, February 01 2012Source: http://www.mathsisfun.com/fractions_addition.html
Top 10 questions Math, Chemistry, Physics
- Why was elmo fired by the m&m candy company
- What do you call a palace window FORDNPOWER
- How would Benjamin Franklin have described the condition of the plates in a charged capacitor compared with the plates in an uncharged capacitor?
- What is the pH of a 0.45 M KCL solution?
- how many moles of CS2 form when 2.7 mol of C reacts?
- How many jelly beans are in a 8 ounce baby bottle.
- How much force doez it take to rip a human head off?
- Write 45,600,000,000 in scientific
- What's the diagonal measurement of a 6'x6' square?
- A communications satellite transmits a radio wave at a frequency of 5.0x10^9 Hz. What is the wave lenght