In order to add fractions, the denominators (the bottom numbers) must be the same. We can convert the first fraction of 3/5 to 15/25 by multiplying both the numerator (the top number) and the denominator by 5. Then we have 15/25 + 21/25. To add these fractions, we simply add the numerators together and keep the denominator, which results in 36/25. This reduces to 1 11/25, or 1/44.
Which equivalent fraction would you have to use in order to add 3/5 to 21\\25
kgb answers » Science & Technology » Math, Chemistry, Physics » Which equivalent fraction would you have to use in order to add 3/5 to 21\\25
Wednesday, February 01 2012
Top 10 questions Math, Chemistry, Physics
- What are the first 1000000000 numbers of pi
- fifteen times the square of a non zero number is equal to 12 times the number. what is the number?
- How many 16.9 fl oz water bottles equal 1 liter ?
- Qs has endpoints Q(4,10) and S(-2,3) find the coordinates of the midpoint qs
- How many miles per hour is terminal velocity?
- Is KOH a salt, acid, or base?
- What is 20% off from 69.99? Superman
- 7800 degrees farenheit is the melting point for what ?
- What is the fundamental rule in static electricity
- What substances could be used to demonstrate the effects of temperature on the viscosity of lava? <3*SaraAnn