Sources suggest that the Verizon SMS Cause Code 98 error means "destination not authorized to receive".
Here are some steps you can try to follow and get the issue resolved:
- Confirm that the destination number is 10 digits in lengths.
- Verify how much device memory is available on the phone.
- Check to see if there is a software update available on the device.
- Delete any long threaded text conversations.
- Perform a battery and sim card pull (if it’s a 4G device) on the phone.
Once you have completed these steps, please retest the SMS service for consistency. If the issue still persists, contact Verizon Customer Service on (800) 922-0204 or dial *611 from your mobile phone.
Check out latest Verizon news here.
Just In! For Verizon Wireless customers in New York City, going underground to catch the subway no longer means losing cellular service. The nation's largest mobile carrier has recently fired up voice and data service in 35 subway stations on the west side of Manhattan from 23rd St. to 96th St, including Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Lincoln Center and Columbus Circle. Find out more here.