In residential buildings, the minimum stair width is usually 32 inches while the standard is 42 inches. If the stairs are more than 44 inches wide a handrail is required on both sides. The unit run is the distance from the front to the back of a single step, while the unit rise is the vertical distance between two stairs. The recommended size is a 10 inch run and a 7 inch rise.
When building stairs, how high and and wide should each step be
Friday, February 10 2012
Top 10 questions DIY
- How do you open an old meilink safe with a combo of 13-42-60?
- How to asbestos fence painting?
- How can i kill fleas in the carpet ? Naturally
- Can i paint over acrylic latex interior paint with oil based paint; will it bond properly?
- How to make paper mache
- Would pumice be a good material to use to make a floor
- how to refill torch lighter
- How can u make home-made MMA gloves?
- How to remove window tint?
- How do u unclog a hyperdermic needle?
- How many stairs are their from the 1st floor to the roof of the empire state building CARNEVILPARADISE
- Which is a better workout if each done for the same amount of time: skipping steps when going up stairs or using each step?
- How many stairs are there to the 64th floor of the John Hancock building
- How many steps should adults step daily?
- Synonmyns for stairs, life and heaven?