What unwritten qualifications are there to become president?
Informal qualifications to become President are:
- Experience in government or high military rank
- Ability to raise large amounts of money
- Political beliefs- be a fit for a major party
- Personal characteristics- mental stability
- Skill in debating and in fielding leading questions from reporters
Qualifications for presidential candidates have stayed the same since the year Washington accepted the presidency. As directed by the Constitution, a presidential candidate should be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older. These requirements do not exclude a woman from being President, yet this has yet to occur.
Roles of President:
- Chief of State
- Chief Executive
- Chief Diplomat
- Chief Legislator
- Chief of Party
- Chief Guardian of the Economy
Find the latest news on The White House on Twitter @WhiteHouse.