Keep in mind that the lottery is completely random and there's no way to pick numbers perfectly.
If you believe in lucky numbers, they're probably figures that center around important dates in your life. For example, you might use birthdays, anniversaries, ages, addresses and phone numbers: Try breaking down your phone number into a sequence of single- or double-digit lotto numbers.
Narrows the odds of winning with the following tips:
- Pick the most commonly drawn numbers.
- Choose overdue numbers. Look for numbers that have not come up in a while.
- Select previous winning numbers.
- Best performing ticket. According to analyst Richard Lloyd, if you had selected the ticket 03, 06, 13, 23, 27, 49 in every draw since the National Lottery started you would have won £2,017,671
- Lottery systems and prediction software. Prediction software is available on the internet and there is a multitude of books giving advice about how win the lottery.
- Random selection. This is seen as the best approach by experts.
In the news, National Lottery operator Camelot was accused of wasting £15million on an advertising campaign to keep up sales, when cash could have gone to worthy causes. Read more at Express.co.uk.