A codon is a string of 3 nucleotides (bases) which acts as a blueprint for a protein. Each codon represents a single amino acid. A protein is composed of a string of amino acids. mRNA codons are read by tRNA & rRNA which select the correct amino acid to build the protein string.
What meaning do codons have for protein synthesis?
Wednesday, February 01 2012
Top 10 questions Science & Technology
- When is the nearest meteor shower? Cool Thing
- What is a buck moon?
- What is a terrestrial planet?
- What are the planets in order from the sun?
- Simple reflex action involve an impulse traveling along a nerve to the ________ and ________,
- How does reproduction happen in seed plants?
- What is ethnology?
- What time is considered dusk ?
- Organisms with hard parts stand a good chance of being fossilized if they are buried rapidly or slowly by sediments?
- What is the winkler method? And what are the steps and calculations?