Not Medical Advice: Trazodone hydrochloride 50 mg (white pill with imprint PLIVA 433) is used in the treatment of insomnia; anxiety; fibromyalgia; major depressive disorder; sedation (and more), and belongs to the drug class phenylpiperazine antidepressants.
The most common side effects of Trazodone hydrochloride tablets include:
- Blurry vision
Serious side effects include:
- Serotonin syndrome. Symptoms of serotonin syndrome include: agitation, hallucinations, problems with coordination, fast heartbeat, tight muscles, trouble walking, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Feeling high or in a very good mood, then becoming irritable, or having too much energy, feeling like you have to keep talking or do not sleep (mania).
- Irregular or fast heartbeat or faint (QT prolongation).
- Low blood pressure. You feel dizzy or faint when you change positions (go from sitting to standing).
- Unusual bruising or bleeding.
- Er3ction lasting for more than 6 hours (priapism).
- Low sodium in your blood (hyponatremia). Symptoms of hyponatremia include: headache, feeling weak, feeling confused, trouble concentrating, memory problems and feeling unsteady when you walk.
If you are suffering from insomnia, there are many steps you can take to change behaviors and lifestyle to help you get to sleep. Check out some tips for beating insomnia at WebMD.