Not medical advice: Natural home remedies for toothache:
- Tap some clove oil directly on your bad tooth.
- Wash your mouth with a tincture of myrrh.
- Try peppermint tea. It has a nice flavor and some numbing effect.
- Rinse with a mouthful of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to help kill bacteria and relieve some pain.
- In glass of warm water, stir a teaspoon of salt and rinse for up to 30 seconds.
- Put a small ice cube in a plastic bag wrapped with a thin cloth and apply it to the aching tooth for about 15 minutes.
- A warm, wet tea bag is worth a try. Black tea has astringent tannins, which may lessen swelling and give you temporary relief.
- If you have lost a filling, you can relieve some discomfort by covering the exposed area with softened chewing gum.
- Try an acupressure technique to stop tooth pain fast.
- Make a paste of powdered ginger and red (cayenne) pepper.
Rockies' Wilin Rosario didn't want to let toothache cost him games. There is nothing as bad as tooth pain, and that's what Wilin was dealing with. Rosario said he would have his wisdom teeth pulled after the season. Read more at Denver Post.