What is sugar azucares?

Azucar is Spanish for sugar. If you're looking at a package of sugar and it reads sugar azucares, then it is probably just normal sugar, labeled in English and Spanish.

Sugar is produced in 121 countries, with the global production exceeding 168 million tons a year. Approximately 70% is made from sugar cane, with the remaining 30% from sugar beet, a root that resembles a large parsnip and is mostly grown in the northern temperate zones.

The five largest producers of sugar are Brazil, China, Thailand, India, and the European Union. Brazil currently has the highest per capita of sugar consumption!

Sugar is a healthy part of a diet. Carbohydrates, including sugar, are the preferred sources of the body’s fuel for brain power, muscle energy and every natural process that goes on in every functioning cell.

Sugar is more than a “fun” food ingredient, it’s an essential one as well. Because it’s all-natural, you can consume it with confidence. As Nature’s preferred sweetener, sugar is present not only in nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables, but is also a key component in foods as diverse as whole grain breads and cereals, yogurts and tomato sauces.

Learn more on how sugar plays an important part of a healthy diet and lifestyle and find nutrition, health, food/industry information, and publications from Sugar.org.

Tags: languagesugar 
Tuesday, October 04 2016
Source: http://www.sugar.org/

Related questions