'The cattle are lowing' simply means that the cattle are making sounds or mooing. In the song "Away in a Manger", the cattle's lowing wakes up the baby Jesus, but he does not cry. "Away in a Manger" was first published in 1885 in The Little Children's Book for Schools and Families, but the third verse was not included until 1892.
What does the cattle are lowing mean?
Wednesday, February 01 2012
Top 10 questions Definitions & Word Origins
- What does the nickname buttercup imply about the person thats being called this? Why would someone call someone buttercup?
- What does the name cairo mean
- What is the opposite of a bridesmaid, like bridesmaids for the groom?
- What do the terms "short go 'round" and "long go 'round" refer to in a rodeo or bullriding competition?
- Were did the term jibber-jabber come from
- what year was the navajo language first translated into written form?
- How did snow get its name
- is accusational a word?
- What is oil futures?
- What's things around the house start with the letter n?