'The cattle are lowing' simply means that the cattle are making sounds or mooing. In the song "Away in a Manger", the cattle's lowing wakes up the baby Jesus, but he does not cry. "Away in a Manger" was first published in 1885 in The Little Children's Book for Schools and Families, but the third verse was not included until 1892.
What does the cattle are lowing mean?
Wednesday, February 01 2012Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lowing
Top 10 questions Definitions & Word Origins
- What does a capital "G" look like in cursive?
- what does the saying "its easy to halve the potato where there is love" mean?
- What does Affective comprehension mean
- What is the difference between a charter and a chapter in a motorcycle club?
- What does the disease als stand for?
- What does molly whop mean? And what does it mean to molly whop somebody?
- What is the Ides of March?
- Why do people spell buddy 'buddie'?
- Define chivalric certainty
- What does "you can't milk a cow you don't have" mean?