What can mess up your period cycle?
Not Medical Advice: According to The New York Times, factors that can disrupt a normal menstruation cycle include:
- Drastic weight loss
- Eating disorders
- Stress and anxiety
- Drastic weight reduction
- Significant weight gain or obesity
- Hormonal imbalance (such as with polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Endocrine disorders such as thyroid disease or pituitary disease/tumor
- Intrauterine device (IUD)
- Too much exercise
- Prem@ture ovarian failure
- Menopause (normal for women over age 45)
- Use of birth control pills and other contraceptives
- Uterine scarring, usually from procedures such as dilation and curettage (D and C)
In health buzz, if a woman loves her mate and suddenly she stops, evolution has to be blamed. New research has come up with the findings that explains how a woman's preference for a mate changes according to the menstrual cycle.
According to the findings, ovulating women prefer mates who display m@ture traits like a masculine body and facial features. However those traits are typically not desired in long-term mates. Find out more here.