Bindi, derived from the Sanskrit word bindu meaning "drop", is the ornamental jewel or dot on an Indian woman's forehead. Many believe the Bindi was worn as a mystic third eye and could be seen on both men and women. Married women often wear a red Bindi because the color red is said to bring good fortune to the bride's home. More recently a Bindi is used as a fashion accessory for all women in India, including young girls.
What are the jewels that indian women wear on their foreheads called?
kgb answers » Products & Services » Fashion » What are the jewels that indian women wear on their foreheads called?
Friday, February 24 2012
Top 10 questions Fashion
- What is the name of the website that is selling fake Kylie Cosmetics products?
- what's a king's cape called?
- What is the inside of a seashell called? The swirly white irredecent stuff used for jewelry .
- Is Sonia Rykiel known as the 'Queen Of Knitwear' dead?
- Do beige and black go together?
- Where is manchurian peridot from
- whats the only month whose birthstone is not a mineral?
- How do i get my new leather sandals to stop squeaking
- What colors does tan match with
- Why do womens underwear have an extra lining in the cr0tch which resembles a slot