Bindi, derived from the Sanskrit word bindu meaning "drop", is the ornamental jewel or dot on an Indian woman's forehead. Many believe the Bindi was worn as a mystic third eye and could be seen on both men and women. Married women often wear a red Bindi because the color red is said to bring good fortune to the bride's home. More recently a Bindi is used as a fashion accessory for all women in India, including young girls.
What are the jewels that indian women wear on their foreheads called?
kgb answers » Products & Services » Fashion » What are the jewels that indian women wear on their foreheads called?
Friday, February 24 2012
Top 10 questions Fashion
- Who invented leggings?
- What is an irish kilt called?
- On witch wrist do u wear a watch?
- I have a ring and the only marking it has says ss925 what is that
- how much is kylie jenner's lipstick?
- How short is the smallest mini skirt ever worn by a women
- Is crito gel real?
- If I wear a size 9 in junior jeans what size is that in normal lady jeans?
- Describe the difference between fleece sweatpants(loose weave and nylon sweatpants tight weave relative to the wind chill concept
- A peach colored dress shirt goes well with what color sweater vest?