Bindi, derived from the Sanskrit word bindu meaning "drop", is the ornamental jewel or dot on an Indian woman's forehead. Many believe the Bindi was worn as a mystic third eye and could be seen on both men and women. Married women often wear a red Bindi because the color red is said to bring good fortune to the bride's home. More recently a Bindi is used as a fashion accessory for all women in India, including young girls.
What are the jewels that indian women wear on their foreheads called?
kgb answers » Products & Services » Fashion » What are the jewels that indian women wear on their foreheads called?
Friday, February 24 2012
Top 10 questions Fashion
- How do i get my new leather sandals to stop squeaking
- What colors does tan match with
- Why do womens underwear have an extra lining in the cr0tch which resembles a slot
- What's the difference between 2xt and 2xlt
- How much is a 18krgp go for
- Who invented leggings?
- What is an irish kilt called?
- On witch wrist do u wear a watch?
- I have a ring and the only marking it has says ss925 what is that
- how much is kylie jenner's lipstick?