Bindi, derived from the Sanskrit word bindu meaning "drop", is the ornamental jewel or dot on an Indian woman's forehead. Many believe the Bindi was worn as a mystic third eye and could be seen on both men and women. Married women often wear a red Bindi because the color red is said to bring good fortune to the bride's home. More recently a Bindi is used as a fashion accessory for all women in India, including young girls.
What are the jewels that indian women wear on their foreheads called?
Friday, February 24 2012
Top 10 questions Fashion
- If I wear a size 9 in junior jeans what size is that in normal lady jeans?
- Describe the difference between fleece sweatpants(loose weave and nylon sweatpants tight weave relative to the wind chill concept
- A peach colored dress shirt goes well with what color sweater vest?
- 2015 Emmys Best Dressed
- What clothes did black men wear in the 70's
- What is the average wieght of a mans 14k gold wedding band
- What is the Name of the skirts Samoan men wear.
- Does jimmy kimmel wear a hair piece
- What size shoe does aaron rodgers wear?
- How to look young