What are some tips for meditation?
Meditation is a practice of focusing 100% of your attention in one area. It helps increase concentration, decrease anxiety and supports a general feeling of happiness.
20 Practical Tips for Meditation:
- Make it a formal practice.
- Start with the breath.
- Stretch first.
- Meditate with Purpose.
- Notice frustration creep up on you.
- Feel your body parts.
- Pick a specific room in your home to meditate.
- Read a book (or two) on meditation.
- Commit for the long haul.
- Listen to instructional tapes and CDs.
- Generate moments of awareness during the day.
- Make sure you will not be disturbed.
- Notice small adjustments.
- Use a candle.
- Do not stress.
- Meditate with a partner.
- Meditate early in the morning.
- Be Grateful at the end.
- Notice when your interest in meditation begins to wane.
In the news, the Harry Potter star, Emma Watson practices mindfulness using a meditation app called "Headspace", a smartphone app that will guide you through ten minutes a day to improve health and happiness.