Chewing lice usually cling to birds and other pets. They feed on hair, feathers, and skin particles. They will rarely feed on blood unless there is already an open wound. Chewing lice can grow between 1mm and 5mm. They have small antennae and claws that help them cling to their host. Lice are wingless and are transferred through physical contact.
What are chewing lice? What do chewing lice look like?
kgb answers » Science & Technology » Animals » What are chewing lice? What do chewing lice look like?
Thursday, February 02 2012
Top 10 questions Animals
- Is ranch dressing bad for dogs
- Do penguins have noses
- How many multiples of it's own weight can the average spider lift/move?
- are jellyfish considered a shellfish? V\\r, Val
- is there such thing as a king bee .the insect
- what are baby catfish called?
- Why do dogs have ridges on the roof of their mouths?
- does a bearded dragon lizard's bite hurt?
- Do cows poop and pee out of the same hole?
- What kind of dogs are in the movies columbiana and turner and hooch