God is the only One Who has limitless knowledge. The Oxford Dictionary defines “omniscience” as “knowing everything,” and the Bible surely ascribes omniscience to God (Psalm 139:1-4; cf. Woods, 1988, p. 34).
Here’s a few of the implications of God’s omniscience:
God knows every past action
- At times, individuals struggle to interpret history because we often lack complete historical information. The everlasting God, Who had no beginning, has no difficulties seeing clearly through the mists of time, for history is ever before Him (Isaiah 57:15).
God knows every future action
- The fact that God gave prophets the ability to predict precisely very specific events in the distant future is one of the great evidences for the inspiration of the Bible (Thompson, 1999, p. 19). God has highlighted repeatedly that He knows the future, possibly never more emphatically than when Jesus Himself prophesied (see Matthew 24:1-51; Mark 8:31; John 2:19-22).
God knows every human thought
- King David addressed his son: “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever” (1 Chronicles 28:9).
God knows what humans need
- Ecclesiastes 2:26 states: “For God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to a man who is good in His sight….” Noah of old would have suffered in the Flood had God not given him a way of escape. The Israelites might not have defeated Canaan without divine guidance and protection. God has assured that He will provide for the physical needs of those who serve Him (Matthew 6:24-34).
God knows what is right and wrong
- Because God defines morality and truth—His Word is the standard for righteous judgment.
The Bible is full of scriptures that show God's love for us. His love is everlasting and most important of them all. By looking over these Bible verses you can see that no matter what our circumstance may be or how much we may sin, God's love is always powerful and willing to make us a better person. Read more at Christian Post.
If God gave out advice about money, would you listen? Find money tips from God at Focus on the Family.