Is it true that if you turn 100 you get a letter from the president?

Yes, the White House will send a birthday greeting card signed by the President of the United States to people turning 80 or older or veterans turning 70 or older (United States citizens only).

However in order to commemorate the special event, you have to make a request from President Obama.

Send your request to:

  • The White House
  • Attn: Greetings Office
  • 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
  • Washington, D.C. 20502
  • Request by fax at 202-456-2461

And please make sure to include the following in your request:

  • Name and address of honoree, include Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.
  • Birthday (month, day, year) of honoree
  • Age of honoree
  • Your name (as the requestor) and daytime phone number
  • Any specific mailing instructions if other than to honoree's address

Tip! Check out a sample of the centenarian birthday request here.

A 100th birthday is a truly wonderful milestone that calls for a special celebration. Check out some party ideas to make your celebration as unique as a 100th birthday at

The secret to a long life? 80% of men could avoid a heart attack with just five simple lifestyle changes check it out at Daily Mail.

Tags: centenarianpresident