Superstitious belief says two different things about moving on a rainy day. Some claim that moving on a rainy day may be a sign of bad luck or means great unhappiness, while some believe that rain is a very excellent sign!
Water means money in Feng Shui. Rain symbolizes a blessing and a good sign of prosperity. According to the belief, a rainbow is the resplendent sign of rain, which signifies the unity of yin and yang.
Here are some other moving superstitions, provided by Apartmentguide.com:
- Never accept knives, scissors, or other sharp items as presents.
- The first time you leave your home, exit through the same door you entered.
- Carry a full container of uncooked rice with you the first time you enter your new home.
- Spread a pinch of salt on the floor of every room, including over the threshold of the front door.
- The number of steps in a staircase should never be a multiple of three.
2014 is the Year of the Wooden Horse and celebrations begin January 31, 2014 and end February 18, 2014. Discover how you can improve your 2014 home Feng Shui with color combinations at Huffington Post.