if i have a 63% as my final grade in a class, and tests are worth 60% and i got an 80% on a test what would my grade be?
We can do some fairly simple math to figure out what your score will be if you currently have a grade of 63, and got an 80 on your final.
Since the maximum total score you can achieve is 100%, and 60% of that is the final exam, that leaves 40% of your current score for your final grade (40 + 60 = 100).
40% x 63 = 25.2
60% x 80 = 48
25.2 + 48 = 73.2
So your final score would be 73.2, if there were no other elements affecting the final grade.