To brine a turkey, plan to start the day before you cook it as it will require 10-12 hours of soaking (a general rule of thumb is that you'll need 1 hour for every pound of turkey). Also remember that self basting, and Kosher turkeys are already salted, so you wouldn't want one of those, and make sure that the turkey is completely thawed before attempting to soak it in the brine.
how long should you soak a turkey in brine
Wednesday, February 01 2012
Top 10 questions Food & Drink
- Do mangos have citric acids like oranges or lemons?
- Is soft shell crab safe to eat while pregnant?
- Is it bad to eat shrimp at night?
- Is salsa and rotel the same thing?
- Whats in a japanese sex shot?
- What are the common ingredients for making whopatuli?
- What foods lower blood pressure? Dedicated to the one i love[*)
- What is baba ghanoush and from what country does it originate?
- How much alcohol is in a 16 oz can of keystone light beer? *B*
- How many grams of sugar are in a 12oz bottle of bud light?