To brine a turkey, plan to start the day before you cook it as it will require 10-12 hours of soaking (a general rule of thumb is that you'll need 1 hour for every pound of turkey). Also remember that self basting, and Kosher turkeys are already salted, so you wouldn't want one of those, and make sure that the turkey is completely thawed before attempting to soak it in the brine.
how long should you soak a turkey in brine
Wednesday, February 01 2012Source: http://bbq.about.com/cs/turkey/a/aa110103a.htm
Top 10 questions Food & Drink
- What is stronger absinthe or moonshine?
- How much butter equals 1/2 cup of veggy oil Tr@v!E
- Is hershey's chocolate kosher for passover?
- Where is the expiration date located on a clear bottle of diet snapple lemon tea 64 fluid ounces
- Do mcdonalds ice cream cones have yeast in them?
- what is the largest size bottle CROWN ROYAL WHISKEY is available in ?
- How many weight watchers points plus are in a 1 oz bag of lays potato chips
- What is humming bird cake xXx-SYC-xXx
- What is ice FLORENTINE? How is it made?