Not Medical/Legal Advice: Saliva testing analyzes an oral fluid sample for parent drugs and their metabolites. An absorbent collection device is placed in the mouth and the saliva collected is screened for drugs of abuse. Samples are checked to verify the saliva is human and undiluted.
According to Forensic Fluids Laboratories, oral fluid testing can detect drugs anytime, from immediately after the most recent use, up to three days after use. Conventional drug testing with urine cannot accurately detect usage in the first four hours after use, thus making saliva superior for post-accident testing.
The table below shows the accuracy and dependability of Oral Fluid Drug Testing compare to Urine Drug Testing:
What saliva drug testing will accomplish:
- It will give you the most accurate testing available
- It will save you money
- It will help you achieve a drug free workforce
- It will make your drug testing easier
- It offers the industry’s fastest guaranteed turnaround time for reported test results
- It offers the accuracy of blood without the pain
Learn 10 Tips for Recovering From Addiction at National Geographic Channel.