Chipotle Dry Rub Recipe
- 2 dried chipotle peppers (use 3 to heat it up a little)
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground dry orange peel
Mix all ingredients in a spice mill or blender and grind until even and fine.
Store in an airtight jar. Will store for about 6 months in the freezer.
This recipe is great for brisket, steak and pork.
Speaking of Chipotle, the popular burrito chain is launching a new online comedy series about the agriculture industry on Hulu. The show, which is being paid for by Chipotle but will be promoted similarly to other programs on Hulu, is one of the most ambitious steps so far in the evolution of product-oriented brands into media companies that create entertainment as well as ads. Watch the show's trailer at Time- Business & Money.