No. A person doesn't have to go to college or play college football to play in the NFL. But, this often helps greatly and most NFL players do play college football, because this is what NFL scouts, coaches, and team owners/managers use to evaluate prospects for the NFL Draft. To be eligible for the NFL draft, a player must have been out of high school for 3 years previous to the date of the draft. A redshirt year, or a year in which a player sits out in college, counts towards this time. Some of the better college players have recently been leaving college early for the NFL after their Sophomore or Junior years.
Do you have to go to college to play in the NFL?
Sunday, February 26 2012Source: http://www.ehow.com/about_4778601_nfl-draft-eligibility-rules.html
Top 10 questions Football
- What college did julian edelman for the new england patriots go to?
- What are the birth dates of tom brady's children?
- How does the NFL decide which network gets the superbowl each year?
- Other wide recievers who played with jerry rice and joe montana in san francisco?
- How many quarters are in a super bowl football game?
- Who is number 97 on the New England patriots
- Who is number 2 on the atlanta falcons?
- How many left handed Quarterbacks have won a Super Bowl?
- Good bets to make with your boyfriend for the superbowl
- When is the Patriots Parade 2017?