No. A person doesn't have to go to college or play college football to play in the NFL. But, this often helps greatly and most NFL players do play college football, because this is what NFL scouts, coaches, and team owners/managers use to evaluate prospects for the NFL Draft. To be eligible for the NFL draft, a player must have been out of high school for 3 years previous to the date of the draft. A redshirt year, or a year in which a player sits out in college, counts towards this time. Some of the better college players have recently been leaving college early for the NFL after their Sophomore or Junior years.
Do you have to go to college to play in the NFL?
Sunday, February 26 2012Source: http://www.ehow.com/about_4778601_nfl-draft-eligibility-rules.html
Top 10 questions Football
- What are some good bets to make with your boyfriend for the superbowl?
- When is Rex Burkheads birthday? [Texaz]
- Where did Eddie Lacy the player for Alabama Crimson TIde go to High School
- where did desean jackson goto college?
- What is Brandon Marshall current team?
- How many bench press repetitions did Nfl running back jamaal charles of the kansas city chiefs do in the Nfl combine?
- Who won the second leg of the champions league match between barcelona and ac milan?
- Is kevin faulk related to marshall faulk
- What number does Darrelle Revis wear for the new york jets?
- What college did julian edelman for the new england patriots go to?