Do food stamps work out of state?

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, now uses Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) rather than paper coupons. The EBT system has been implemented in each of the 50 states since June of 2004. The electronic system allows you to use your government benefits anywhere in the United States where EBT is accepted. For more info about SNAP you can call 1-800-221-5689.

Monday, February 06 2012